Engineering Team Lead – Lexington, KY
ENGINEERING TEAM LEADER
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
Compensation: Competitive + Health Insurance +Company Bonus + Performance Bonus
Location: Lexington, KY
Job Description: Solar Energy Solutions (SES) is seeking an Engineering Team Leader to drive PV design activities and ensure system sales transition seamlessly to high-quality installations. This position will require an engineer with strong organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills and will give any applicant significant exposure to all aspects of the solar and energy storage (Tesla) industry, equipping them for rapid career growth if they possess the needed capabilities. Experience in the solar industry is preferred as is a passion for and an interest in renewable energy and a willingness to take part in a broad range of company activities.
SES is the region’s largest, most trusted and rapidly growing clean energy construction company. SES is seeking to put the best talent in place to power our region’s clean energy future.
• Works closely with the sales team to transition customer contracts to system designs including complete electrical schematics, mechanical designs and permitting packages.
• Produces commercial and utility project proposals including modeling of energy output.
• Manages design assistant(s), Operations Project Administrator and interns in the production of proposals, permitting and utility interconnection activities.
• Researches products and vendors to produce leading system designs.
• Follows National Electric Code (NEC) to ensure compliant design.
• Manages client PV system monitoring, reporting, and corrective action processes.
• Supervises the selection and ordering of major components for routine projects.
• Oversees specification and review of all install team job materials.
• Leads the design and production of all project submittal and training materials.
• Provides technical support to key clients.
• Electrical (preferred) or Mechanical Engineering Degree.
• Minimum 1- 2 years of relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise complex parallel project activities.
• Familiarity with CAD design software.
• Ability to learn and utilize HelioScope and PVSyst solar design software.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong customer-facing, written, and verbal communication abilities.
• Familiarity with key PV systems components, their function, and key operating criteria.
• Willingness to participate in PV install projects on an occasional basis.
• Ability to learn site and electrical survey skills for project proposal preparation.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Must have a valid clean driver’s license and the ability to pass a 10-year background check and drug screening.
• Competitive compensation plus personal (up to 10% of salary) and company (up to 5% of salary) system.
• Health insurance.
• Paid time off.
• Company 401K.
• Paid per diem for any time away from home.
This is a full-time position based in Lexington, KY. Limited travel up to 15% with paid per diem. Salary based on experience but includes company and personal performance bonuses. A planned 40-hour workweek, paid vacation, holidays, and 401k.
About Solar Energy Solutions: Formed in 2006, SES delivers cutting edge renewable energy solutions throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois, and West Virginia.
Our goal is to be the defining player in all areas of solar development in Kentucky and the surrounding states, make a tangible difference to society by building a new clean energy economy and do that through the creation of well-paid stable sustainable jobs.
We specialize in the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) of residential, commercial, institutional and utility photovoltaic systems. Our personnel are the best in the region, holding specialized licenses and certifications in all relevant renewable fields. We are growing fast and want people with skills and stretch to come with us on this exciting growth journey that is only just beginning. Interested in being a key part of a new industrial revolution and changing the world?