Engineering Team Leader
Engineering Team Leader
- Employment: Full-time
- Minimum Experience: Mid-level
- Compensation: Competitive + performance incentives
- Location: Lexington, KY, Louisville, KY, or Cincinnati, OH region required
Solar Energy Solutions (SES) is seeking an Engineering Team Leader to drive PV design activities and ensure system sales transition seamlessly to high quality installations. This position will require an engineer with strong organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills and will give any applicant significant exposure to all aspects of the solar and storage industry. Experience in the solar industry is preferred as is a passion for and an interest in renewable energy and a willingness to take part in a broad range of company management activities.
SES is the region’s largest, most trusted and fastest growing renewable energy construction company. SES is seeking to put the best talent in place to power our region’s clean energy future.
Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Works closely with sales team to transition customer contracts to system designs including complete electrical schematics, structural designs and permitting packages.
- Oversees modeling of energy production and storage systems
- Manages design assistant(s) and interns in the production of designs, proposals, permitting and utility interconnection activities.
- Researches and proposes new products and vendors to produce cost effective system designs.
- Follows and advises on National Electric Code (NEC) to ensure compliant design.
- Oversees client PV system monitoring, reporting and corrective action processes.
- Oversees specification and review of all install team job materials.
- Leads design and production of all project submittal and training materials.
- Sets and maintains company-wide electrical and solar design and performance standards for proposal and contracting
- Oversees training for new product launch.
- Provides technical support to key clients.
- Provides guidance and design expertise for combined PV and storage proposals
Team Leader Requirements:
- Electrical (preferred) or Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise complex parallel project activities.
- Familiarity with CAD design software.
- Ability to learn and utilize HelioScope and PVSyst solar design software.
- Ability to learn and utilize Energy Toolbase software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer facing written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple direct reports.
- Familiarity with key PV systems components, their function and key operating criteria.
- Willingness to participate and coach in PV install projects on an occasional basis.
- Ability to learn site and electrical survey skills for project proposal preparation.
- Ability to work as team player.
- Must have valid clean driver’s license and the ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Competitive salary and performance incentives
- Health insurance
- Company 401K.
- Paid per diem for time away from home.
- Career growth potential in the region’s leading solar engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) company
- Fully paid solar trade and technical training.
This is a full-time position, routine attendance at Lexington, KY, or other regional offices and project sites required. Limited travel up to 15% with paid per diem. Salary based on experience but includes company and personal performance bonus. Planned 40-hour work week, paid vacation, holidays and 401k.
About Solar Energy Solutions: Formed in 2006, Solar Energy Solutions delivers high-quality renewable energy solutions throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois and West Virginia.
Our goal is to be the defining player in all areas of solar development in Kentucky and the region, make a tangible difference to society by building a new clean energy economy and do that through the creation of well-paid stable sustainable jobs.
We specialize in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of residential, commercial, institutional and utility photovoltaic and solar thermal systems. Our personnel are the best in the region, holding specialized licenses and certifications in all relevant renewable fields. We are growing fast and want people with skills and stretch to come with us on this exciting growth journey that is only just beginning. Interested?
Apply: To apply for the Engineering Team Leader position, send your cover letter and resume (required for consideration) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject ‘Engineering Team Leader’