Indianapolis Operations Manager
Indianapolis Operations Manager Job Description: Solar Energy Solutions (SES) is seeking a talented and ambitious individual with proven supervisory, construction, and project management experience for our very rapidly growing team. The full-time position will be responsible for leading SES Indianapolis-area operations. Day-to-day requirements include coordination and dispatch of installation team(s), preparation of job documentation and materials, and management of regional SES operations personnel. The small, but growing office will require a Player/Coach mentality with the successful applicant expected to spend most their time on active projects. The position will report to SES General Manager – Operations.
- Employment: Guaranteed full-time
- Minimum Experience: Mid to high level
- Compensation: Based on experience + performance incentives + company car
- Location: Indianapolis, IN, or surrounding area
SES operations consist of SES & Tesla residential or commercial solar energy system installation. Experience in the solar and/or renewable energy industry is preferred but not limited to. Experience in construction or electrical trades including site supervisory positions is required.
Responsibilities for the Indianapolis Operations Manager:
- Maintain a safe office and job site.
- Works closely with SES staff and customers to project manage SES solar projects.
- Review and approval of proposed install projects to ensure effective jobsite execution.
- Schedules jobsite tasks, employees, and subcontractors.
- Management, evaluation and training of SES employees.
- Routine interaction with SES customers to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Site survey, marking, groundwork and excavation management.
- Installation of solar components.
- Installation of solar panels.
- Installation and commissioning of battery systems.
- Installation of AC & DC electrical wiring, communications and monitoring systems.
- Installation, commissioning and inspection supervision.
- Repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of existing solar and battery system.
- Job documentation and reporting.
- Proven management/supervisory experience including on the job employee coaching, training, and development.
- Multi-year experience in construction.
- Effective scheduling of jobsite tasks and subcontractors.
- Professional and fluent interaction with SES customers to update on project progress, incorporate changing needs and ensure complete satisfaction.
- Effective scheduling of Work Orders.
- Efficient customer communication and management.
- Supervisory training and certification of install team.
- Installation supervision of all solar electrical, mechanical, communications and monitoring components.
- Daily SES, client, and regulatory job documentation.
- Proven high level understanding of solar installations or ability to quickly attain.
- Ability to work in extreme environments.
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements as assessed by a qualified medical professional. Work involves squatting, twisting, standing and stretched positions, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. of materials or tools. Climbing up and down ladders and working over uneven ground or at heights.
- Ability to legally and safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Experience with the safe and effective use of hand-held and power tools.
- A focus on precision and quality.
- Ability to use basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Email).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel and work away from home as required (30% travel)
- Pass a background check.
- Small/medium construction equipment operation (backhoe, skid steer, lift or lull).
- Electrical license.
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional status.
- Competitive salary and personal and company performance bonus system.
- Health insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Company truck for work use.
- Company 401K.
- Paid per diem for time away from home.
- Fully paid solar and electrical trade training.
- Moving and settlement expenses package as required.
About Solar Energy Solutions: Formed in 2006, Solar Energy Solutions delivers high-quality renewable energy solutions throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois and West Virginia and Virginia.
Our goal is to be the defining player in all areas of solar development in Kentucky and the surrounding states, make a tangible difference to society by building a new clean energy economy and do that through the creation of well-paid stable sustainable jobs.
We specialize in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of residential, commercial, institutional and utility photovoltaic and solar thermal systems. Our personnel are the best in the region, holding specialized licenses and certifications in all relevant renewable fields. We are growing fast and want people with skills and stretch to come with us on this exciting growth journey that is only just beginning. Interested?
To apply, send your cover letter and resume (required for consideration) to email@example.com with subject ‘Indianapolis Operations Manager’ or use the form below to upload your cover letter and resume.