Solar Electrician – Bloomington or Indy, IN
Job Description Summary: The primary role of the Solar Electrician is the day-to-day installation of residential, commercial or utility solar panel systems. With a focus on DC and AC wiring and conduit fitting, inverter and battery install and utility service interconnection the Electricians role will be central to the construction and operation of all SES projects. Through the Electricians project planning and management skills he/she will direct, coach, develop and motivate a small team of mixed trade skills employees (construction, electrical, communications and roofing) to apply best in class electrical skills to meet customer and SES profit expectations. The right candidate will have proven residential and commercial electrical skills and will be willing to rapidly develop solar specific capabilities on hire. Click here to learn more about SES and what it’s like to work here.
Employment: Guaranteed full-time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
Compensation: $23/hr. upwards based on experience level + company & performance bonus (up to 15%) + overtime + prevailing wage opportunities + health insurance
Location: Bloomington or Indianapolis, IN
Responsibilities of the Solar Electrician:
- Close support of Team Leader in review and approval of proposed install project plans, documentation, schematics, permitting, labor scheduling, parts supply and subcontractor readiness.
- Scheduling of job site tasks and subcontractors.
- Supervision, training and certification of install team employees against known performance standards.
- Routine interaction with SES customers to update on project progress, incorporate changing needs and ensure complete satisfaction.
- Utility disconnects, shutdowns and supply commissioning
- Meter and supply aggregations
- Trough and cable support and management system fitting
- Commercial conduit wire pulls/tugging
- Installation supervision of all solar electrical, communications and monitoring components.
- Installation and wiring of solar panels or panel install subcontractors.
- AC & DC electrical wiring, conduit, tray, duct bank or pole installation
- Manual and mechanical conduit forming, threading and fitting
- Leadership of small-scale building works for transformer, inverter, monitoring and control equipment placement
- Working closely with SES staff and customers to develop, specify and successfully bid residential and commercial solar projects.
- Support of install commissioning process completion and job site handover.
- Daily SES, client and regulatory job documentation upkeep.
Required Skills for the Solar Electrician:
- Minimum current Journeyman level electrical certification in local jurisdiction or ability to transfer in or test out certification from other locations
- Supervisory experience including on the job employee training, development and disciplinary management.
- Proven multi-year residential and/or commercial job site project experience
- Understanding of and experience with AC & DC electrical wiring to NEC 2017
- Understanding of and experience with conduit running and bending up to 3”
- 3-Phase 480V and 208V electrics in addition to 120V/240V.
- Ability to work and lead others in extreme environments, hot sun, winter outdoor installs, attics etc.
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements as assessed by a qualified medical professional. Work involves squatting, twisting, standing and stretched positions, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. of materials or tools. Climbing up and down ladders and working over uneven ground or at heights.
- Ability to legally and safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Experience with the safe and effective use of hand-held and power tools.
- A focus on precision and quality and an ability to communicate those standards and passion to others.
- Ability to use basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Email) and devices under Windows and MacOS
- Ability to work as a team and foster a positive team spirit.
- Strong verbal, electronic and written communications skills to team, supervisor and peers.
- Demonstrated electrical industry experience.
- Ability to travel and work away from home as required.
- Pass of a pre-employment drug test in addition to 7-year background and motor vehicle checks.
Desired Skills of the Solar Electrician:
- Small/medium construction equipment operation (backhoe, skid steer, lift or lull)
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional or Associate status.
- Associates degree.
- Competitive salary and personal and company performance bonus system.
- Health insurance
- Prevailing wage earning potential.
- Paid time off.
- Company 401K
- Paid per diem for time away from home.
- Growth in commercial or residential teams to Team Leader role.
- Fully paid solar trade training.
About Solar Energy Solutions: Formed in 2006, Solar Energy Solutions delivers high-quality renewable energy solutions throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois, Virginia and West Virginia.
Our goal is to be the defining player in all areas of solar development in Kentucky and the surrounding states, make a tangible difference to society by building a new clean energy economy and do that through the creation of well-paid stable sustainable jobs.
We specialize in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of residential, commercial, institutional and utility photovoltaic and energy storage systems. Our personnel are the best in the region, holding specialized licenses and certifications in all relevant renewable fields. We are growing fast and want people with skills and stretch to come with us on this exciting growth journey that is only just beginning. Interested?
Apply: To apply, fill in the form below and upload your resume or send a cover letter and resume (required for consideration) to email@example.com with ‘Electrician/Solar Electrician – Bloomington or Indianapolis’ in the subject line.
Career - Apply Now