SOLAR INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE – LEXINGTON, KY
Minimum Experience: Proven frontline or inside sales experience in the solar, telecom, home security, building products, HVAC or similar industries. Expertise in understanding technical products and ability to then effectively guide clients through design, electrical, construction and PV choices and explain financing options.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience ($35K – $50K)
Location: Lexington, KY
Job Description: Solar Energy Solutions (SES) is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and talented inside salesperson for our very rapidly growing Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio markets. Knowledge of or a clear demonstrable passion for the shift to clean energy and how we power our homes and businesses will be key to this role. The focus will be on educating homeowners about their solar and power storage options, qualifying remote leads for our Territory Managers and producing winning home designs and proposals for our clients. Success in the role will be measured by hitting quarterly targets and beating our customer satisfaction and conversion metrics.
- Qualifying incoming solar and Tesla leads though phone consultations
- Developing remote PV designs and proposals after phone consultations
- Solar and energy usage software design
- Remote quotation sales closure
- Processing financing applications
- Appointment management for Territory Sales Managers
- CRM management to ensure a seamless lead transition from sale through to install
- External vendor/lead provider coordination (Tesla, SunPower, LG etc.)
- Meeting attendance for sales, technical training and reporting purposes
- Improving sales processes and lead flow KPI’s
- Meeting defined sales goals
- Very strong phone conversational and sales skills
- Strong ability to juggle multiple streams of work and stay on deadline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong appreciation for sales material design and presentation standards
- Self-starter with a missionary zeal for clean energy growth
- Passion for solar energy and its business opportunities
- Understanding of home electrical basics
- Demonstrated sales aptitude in the technical, finance or home improvement arena
- Ability to learn and effectively and simply communicate the technical aspects of solar energy and battery storage systems
- Strong computer skills, including CRM basics and Microsoft Office programs
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass a 7-year background check
This position is required to attend occasional meetings in Bloomington, IN, Cincinnati, OH, Louisville or Lexington, KY.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Company 401K.
- Paid per diem for time away from home.
- Career growth potential in the region’s leading solar engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) company
- Fully paid solar trade and technical training.
About Solar Energy Solutions: Formed in 2006, Solar Energy Solutions delivers high-quality renewable energy solutions throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois and West Virginia.
Our goal is to be the defining player in all areas of solar development in Kentucky and the surrounding states, make a tangible difference to society by building a new clean energy economy and do that through the creation of well-paid stable sustainable jobs.
We specialize in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of residential, commercial, institutional and utility photovoltaic and solar thermal systems. Our personnel are the best in the region, holding specialized licenses and certifications in all relevant renewable fields. We are growing fast and want people with skills and stretch to come with us on this exciting growth journey that is only just beginning. Interested?