Solar Install Team Leader – All Locations
Solar Install Team Leader
Employment: Guaranteed full-time
Minimum Experience: Mid to high level
Compensation: Based on experience + performance incentives + company truck
Location: Indianapolis, IN; Bloomington, IN; Lexington, KY; Louisville, KY; Cincinnati, OH
Job Description: Solar Energy Solutions (SES) is seeking a talented and ambitious solar installer with proven supervisory and project management experience for our very rapidly growing team. The full-time position will be responsible for leading the installation of SES & Tesla residential or small commercial solar energy systems and training/managing SES installers. Experience in the solar and/or renewable energy industry is required. Experience in construction or electrical trades including site supervisory positions is required.
Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of a safe job site.
- Works closely with SES staff and customers to project manage SES solar projects.
- Review and approval of proposed install projects to ensure effective job site execution.
- Schedules job site tasks and subcontractors.
- Management, evaluation and training of SES employees.
- Routine interaction with SES customers to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Site survey, marking, groundwork and excavation management.
- Installation of solar components.
- Installation of solar panels.
- Installation and commissioning of battery systems.
- Installation of AC & DC electrical wiring, communications and monitoring systems.
- Installation, commissioning and inspection supervision.
- Repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of existing solar and battery system.
- Job documentation and reporting.
Team Leader Required Capabilities:
- Current local electrical certification or ability to attain.
- Proven management/supervisory experience including on the job employee coaching, training, and development.
- Multi-year experience in PV installations (residential and small commercial).
- Effective scheduling of job site tasks and subcontractors.
- Professional and fluent interaction with SES customers to update on project progress, incorporate changing needs and ensure complete satisfaction.
- Effective scheduling of Work Orders.
- Efficient customer communication and management.
- Supervisory training and certification of install team.
- Installation supervision of all solar electrical, mechanical, communications and monitoring components.
- Understanding of and significant experience with conduit installation.
- Daily SES, client, and regulatory job documentation.
- Proven high level understanding of and experience with AC & DC electrical wiring
- Ability to work in extreme environments.
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements as assessed by a qualified medical professional. Work involves squatting, twisting, standing and stretched positions, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. of materials or tools. Climbing up and down ladders and working over uneven ground or at heights.
- Ability to legally and safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Experience with the safe and effective use of hand-held and power tools.
- A focus on precision and quality.
- Ability to use basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Email).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel and work away from home as required (30% travel)
- Pass a background check.
- Small/medium construction equipment operation (backhoe, skid steer, lift or lull)
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional status.
- Competitive salary and personal and company performance bonus system.
- Health insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Company truck for work use.
- Company Matched 401K.
- Paid per diem for time away from home.
- Fully paid solar and electrical trade training.
- Moving and settlement expenses package as required
About Solar Energy Solutions: Formed in 2006, Solar Energy Solutions delivers high-quality renewable energy solutions throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois and West Virginia and Virginia.
Our goal is to be the defining player in all areas of solar development in Kentucky and the surrounding states, make a tangible difference to society by building a new clean energy economy and do that through the creation of well-paid stable sustainable jobs.
We specialize in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of residential, commercial, institutional and utility photovoltaic and solar thermal systems. Our personnel are the best in the region, holding specialized licenses and certifications in all relevant renewable fields. We are growing fast and want people with skills and stretch to come with us on this exciting growth journey that is only just beginning. Interested?
Apply: To apply, send your cover letter and resume (required for consideration) to email@example.com and put ‘Solar Team Leader – (city of interest)’ in the subject line. OR upload resume below.
To Apply, Please fill out the form below and upload your resume.