Solar Installer – Bloomington, IN & Louisville & Lexington, KY
Full Job Description
Employment: Guaranteed full-time
Minimum Experience: Entry to mid-level
Compensation: $15.00/hr. to $19.00/hr. based on experience level + company & performance bonus (up to 15%) + overtime + prevailing wage opportunities
Location: Lexington/Louisville, KY
Job Description: Solar Energy Solutions (SES) is seeking talented installers to join our rapidly growing team. The full-time position will be responsible for installing SES residential, commercial or utility solar energy systems. Experience in the solar and/or renewable energy industry is strongly preferred but not required. Experience in construction would also be beneficial.
- Installation of solar components.
- Installation of roof and ground based racking systems.
- Installation of solar panels.
- Basic electrical wiring.
- Job documentation.
- Completes and stays current on safety and industry training.
- Maintenance of a safe job site.
- Ability to work in extreme environments – hot sun/winter outdoor installs/attics.
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements as assessed by a qualified medical professional. Work involves squatting, twisting, standing and stretched positions, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. of materials or tools. Climbing up and down ladders and working over uneven ground or at heights.
- Ability to legally and safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Basic experience with the safe and effective use of hand-held and power tools.
- A focus on precision and quality.
- Ability to work in a team and foster a positive team spirit.
- Strong communications skills with team, supervisor and peers.
- Ability to travel and work away from home as required.
- Previous experience in PV installations, roof work, general construction or carpentry.
- Desire to progress towards Journeyman Electrician and/or NABCEP PV Installation Professional status.
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test in addition to background and motor vehicle checks.
- Competitive salary and personal and company performance bonus system.
- Prevailing wage earning potential.
- Paid time off.Company 401K.Paid per diem for time away from home.
- Growth in commercial or residential teams to Lead Installer role.
- Fully paid solar trade training.
About Solar Energy Solutions: Formed in 2006, Solar Energy Solutions delivers high-quality renewable energy solutions throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois and West Virginia.
Our goal is to be the defining player in all areas of solar development in Kentucky and the surrounding states, make a tangible difference to society by building a new clean energy economy and do that through the creation of well-paid stable sustainable jobs.
We specialize in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of residential, commercial, institutional and utility photovoltaic and solar thermal systems. Our personnel are the best in the region, holding specialized licenses and certifications in all relevant renewable fields. We are growing fast and want people with skills and stretch to come with us on this exciting growth journey that is only just beginning. Interested?