Solar Lead Installer – Lexington, KY
Full Job Description
Employment: Guaranteed full-time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
Compensation: $20/hr. upwards based on experience level + company & performance bonus (up to 15%) + overtime + prevailing wage opportunities
Location: Lexington, KY
Job Description Summary: The Lead Installers primary role is the day to day single site focused supervision of SES teams executing installation of residential, commercial or utility solar energy systems. Through the lead installers project planning and management skills he/she will direct, coach, develop and motivate a small team of mixed trade skills employees (construction, electrical, communications and plumbing) to achieve established work rate and quality standards so as to meet customer and SES profit expectations.
- Working closely with SES staff and customers to develop, specify and successfully bid residential and commercial solar projects.
- Close support of Team Leader in review and approval of proposed install project plans, documentation, schematics, permitting, labor scheduling, parts supply and subcontractor readiness.
- Daily scheduling of jobsite tasks and subcontractors.
- Supervision, training and certification of install team employees against known performance standards.
- Routine interaction with SES customers to update on project progress, incorporate changing needs and ensure complete satisfaction.
- Site survey, marking, groundwork and excavation management.
- Installation supervision of all solar electrical, mechanical, communications and monitoring components.Installation and wiring of solar panels or panel install subcontractors.
- AC & DC electrical wiring, conduit, tray, duct bank or pole installation.
- Leadership of small scale building works for transformer, inverter, monitoring and control equipment placement.
- Supervision of site environmental plan compliance
- Supervision of site Health & Safety plan compliance.
- Support of install commissioning process completion and job site handover.
- Daily SES, client and regulatory job documentation upkeep.
- Minimum current Journeyman level electrical certification or sufficient recorded hours to sit exam within 1 year of joining.
- Supervisory experience including on the job employee training, development and disciplinary management.
- Understanding of and experience with AC & DC electrical wiring
- Understanding of and experience with conduit running and bending.
- 3-Phase 480V electrics in addition to 120V/240V.
- Understanding of basics of solar data web communication and common monitoring package setup and operation.
- Ability to work and lead others in extreme environments hot sun, winter outdoor installs, attics etc.
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements as assessed by a qualified medical professional. Work involves squatting, twisting, standing and stretched positions, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. of materials or tools. Climbing up and down ladders and working over uneven ground or at heights.
- Ability to legally and safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Experience with the safe and effective use of hand-held and power tools.
- A focus on precision and quality and an ability to communicate those standards and passion to others.
- Ability to use basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Email).
- Ability to work as a team and foster a positive team spirit.
- Strong verbal, electronic and written communications skills to team, supervisor and peers.
- Demonstrated roof or construction industry experience.
- Ability to travel and work away from home as required.
- Pass of a pre-employment drug test in addition to background and motor vehicle checks.
- Previous experience in PV installations, roof work, general construction or carpentry.
- Small/medium construction equipment (back hoe, skid steer, lift or lull)NABCEP PV Installation Professional or Associate status.
- Associates degree.
- Competitive salary and personal and company performance bonus system.
- Prevailing wage earning potential.
- Paid time off.Company truck for work usage.
- Company 401K.Paid per diem for time away from home.
- Growth in commercial or residential teams to Team Leader role.
- Fully paid solar trade training.
About Solar Energy Solutions:
Formed in 2006, Solar Energy Solutions delivers high-quality renewable energy solutions throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois and West Virginia.
Our goal is to be the defining player in all areas of solar development in Kentucky and the surrounding states, make a tangible difference to society by building a new clean energy economy and do that through the creation of well-paid stable sustainable jobs.
We specialize in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of residential, commercial, institutional and utility photovoltaic and solar thermal systems. Our personnel are the best in the region, holding specialized licenses and certifications in all relevant renewable fields. We are growing fast and want people with skills and stretch to come with us on this exciting growth journey that is only just beginning. Interested?