Solar Sales Consultant – Lexington, KY
Full Job Description
Employment: Guaranteed full-time
Minimum Experience: Prior HVAC, telecom, construction or financial services
Compensation: Competitive split salary/commission basis + company car
Benefits include: paid time off + healthcare + 401K
Location: Lexington, KY
About Solar Energy Solutions: Formed in 2006, Solar Energy Solutions delivers high-quality renewable energy solutions throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, Illinois and West Virginia.
Our goal is to be the defining player in all areas of solar development and to make a tangible difference to society by building a new clean energy economy and to do that through the creation of well-paid stable sustainable jobs.
We specialize in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of residential, commercial, institutional and utility scale photovoltaic and battery storage systems. We are a Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer, LG Pro Gold partner, and SunPower Certified. We invest in and encourage training for our installation team members to ensure we have the most knowledgeable, professional teams in the field, representing SES. Our personnel are the best in the region, holding specialized licenses and certifications in all relevant renewable fields. We are growing fast and want people with skills and the drive to stretch and grow to come with us on this exciting growth journey that is only just beginning. Interested?
Job Description: Solar Energy Solutions (SES) is seeking a highly motivated, talented and passionate solar salesperson for the Central and W. Kentucky and N. Tennessee areas, including Bowling Green, Owensboro, Richmond, and Elizabethtown. Ideally based out of our Lexington main office the position will be focused on driving and developing sales of SES’s innovative residential, commercial, and institutional PV and Tesla energy storage options.
All candidates must be able to pass pre-employment background and motor vehicle checks.
- Lead development, qualification and site audit and technical review
- Proposal creation
- Sales closure and contract execution
- Lead generation including prospecting
- Project management to ensure a seamless transition from sale through to completion
- Meeting attendance for sales and technical training and reporting purposes
- Research to understand area-specific development opportunities and incentives
- Working closely with management to improve sales processes and product offerings
- Increasing company profile within territory by industry and cause networking
- Meeting defined sales goals
- Self-starter with a missionary zeal for clean energy growth
- Passion for solar energy and its business opportunities
- Understanding of home electrical, plumbing and construction basics
- Demonstrated sales aptitude in technical, finance or home improvement arena
- Experience presenting to high-level decision-makers
- Ability to learn and effectively communicate the technical aspects of solar energy systems
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
- Understanding of financial analyses, including Net Present Value
- College degree or related experience preferred
- This position is required to attend regular meetings in Louisville or Lexington, KY.
- Competitive split salary and commission base
- Provision of business use only company car.
- Health insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Company 401K.
Apply: To apply, fill in the form below and upload your resume or send a cover letter and resume (required for consideration) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Sales Consultant – Lexington’ in the subject line.