Employment: Guaranteed full-time
Minimum Experience: 3+ years bookkeeping experience
Compensation: Competitive salary
Location: Lexington, KY
Job Description: In this new role Solar Energy Solutions (SES) is seeking a talented Staff Accountant to perform and manage most bookkeeping functions. This includes AP/AR entry and processing, payroll management and processing (three dozen staff), and work with management and outside firms to produce PL/BS, audited reports, management accounting, project profitability analysis and KPI financial tracking . The position reports directly to General Manager – Operations & Technical and the ability to design and implement new financial systems as well as operate existing processes will be critical to success.
- Bill entry
- Check and payment management
- Customers invoicing and payment
- Payroll administration and field team training and support in effective operation
- Provide financial-related HR functions, as required
- Prepare PL/BS and advise owners
- Oversee tax preparation and annual audit
- Monthly management accounting and financial KPI reporting
- Job profitability analysis and reporting
- Assist however necessary to ensure company success in small, rapidly growing office
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Familiarity with preparation of financial statements
- Strong capability with Quickbooks or similar software platform
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Demonstrated financial aptitude and management reporting track record
- Ability to establish new processes and engage and train others in their successful use
- Passion for clean energy and environmental matters
- Competitive salary and commission system
- Health insurance
- Company 401K.
- Paid per diem for time away from home.
- Career growth potential in the region’s leading solar engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) company
- Fully paid solar industry product and technical training.
This position is required to attend regular meetings in Louisville or Lexington, KY.
About Solar Energy Solutions: Formed in 2006, Solar Energy Solutions delivers high-quality renewable energy solutions throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois and West Virginia.
Our goal is to be the defining player in all areas of solar development in Kentucky and the surrounding states, make a tangible difference to society by building a new clean energy economy and do that through the creation of well-paid stable sustainable jobs.
We specialize in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of residential, commercial, institutional and utility photovoltaic and solar thermal systems. Our personnel are the best in the region, holding specialized licenses and certifications in all relevant renewable fields. We are growing fast and want people with skills and stretch to come with us on this exciting growth journey that is only just beginning. Interested?
Apply: To apply, fill in the form below and upload your resume or send a cover letter and resume (required for consideration) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Staff Accountant – Lexington’ in the subject line.