Warehouse Technician – Lexington, KY
Employment: Guaranteed full-time
Minimum Experience: Entry-level
Compensation: $15/hr. upwards based on experience level + company & performance bonus (up to 15%) + overtime + travel per diem
Location: Lexington, KY
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Job Description Summary: The newly created Warehouse Technician role will play a key role in enabling the day-to-day effective operation of SES’s growing install workforce. This position is an ideal entry-level way to skill up in the fastest growing job sector in the US and make a real difference to our community and environment at the same time. The focus is on preparing all materials for our install crews, ensuring our 3 warehouses are fully supplied for efficient operation and helping our Install Team Leaders with materials requests and replacements.
- Selecting and documenting install equipment inventories
- Materials and equipment preparation for Lexington, Louisville and Bloomington, IN install crews
- Returns and replacement parts (RMA) process management
- Incoming goods receipt and quality/count inspection
- Stock level management and reordering systems control
- Pallet and materials tracking/labeling
- Stock delivery and count management at Louisville and Bloomington office/warehouse hubs thru approved company inventory processes and software
- Maintaining vehicle stock levels and correct tool allocation
- Service truck parts supply
- Warehouse and yard organization and cleanliness
- Excess and obsolete stock management and disposal
- Maintaining workwear and safety equipment allocations
- Installer support – running needed materials to site
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements as assessed by a qualified medical professional. Work involves squatting, twisting, standing and stretched positions, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. of materials or tools. Climbing up and down ladders and working over uneven ground or at heights.
- Ability to legally and safely operate a motor vehicle including and up to a 26’ truck
- Forklift truck experience and license
- Experience with the safe and effective use of hand-held and power tools.
- A focus on precision and quality and an ability to communicate those standards and passions to others.
- Ability to use basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Email).
- Ability to work as a team and foster a positive ‘can do’ team spirit.
- Strong verbal, electronic and written communications skills to team, supervisors and peers.
- Ability to occasionally travel and work away from home as required.
- Pass of a pre-employment drug test in addition to background and motor vehicle checks.
- Competitive salary and personal and company performance bonus system.
- Health insurance (subsidized)
- Paid time off.
- Company truck for work usage.
- Company 401K.
- Paid per diem for time away from home.
- Fully paid solar trade training.
- Growth path to solar install or electrical specialisms
About Solar Energy Solutions: Formed in 2006, Solar Energy Solutions delivers high-quality renewable energy solutions throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois and West Virginia.
Our goal is to be the defining player in all areas of solar development in Kentucky and the surrounding states, make a tangible difference to society by building a new clean energy economy and do that through the creation of well-paid stable sustainable jobs.
We specialize in the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of residential, commercial, institutional and utility photovoltaic systems. Our personnel are the best in the region, holding specialized licenses and certifications in all relevant renewable fields. We are growing fast and want people with skills and stretch to come with us on this exciting growth journey that is only just beginning. Interested?
Apply: To apply, send your cover letter and resume (required for consideration) to Julie Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org