249 kW Poseyville, IN Farm & Homes
Project at a Glance
- Type of Installation: Roof mounted and ground mounted arrays
- Environmental Benefits over 25 years:
- CO2 savings: 11,770,450 lbs
- Equivalent CO2 in miles driven: 13,953,775
- CO2 Emissions from 5,836,725 lbs of coal
This project consists of multiple roof and ground-mounted arrays on both residential and farm buildings, all within one family, totaling 249 kW of panels. The combined systems produce 302 MWh of electricity annually which goes to power grain dryers, equipment sheds, workshops, and homes. SW Indiana has some of the highest utility c0sts in the Midwest and farm systems when supported by REAP grants can show a breakeven period of as little as 4.5 years. With this install as an example of the potential of rural solar many other farmers in the locality have also made the leap to clean, low-cost renewable energy. Learn more about REAP Grants here.