19.6 kW Shelbyville Distillery
Project at a Glance
- Type of Installation: Ground mount
- Percentage of electricity offset by project: 100% of electricity to power the forklifts.
- Environmental Benefits over 25 years:
- CO2 savings: 1,340,587
- Equivalent CO2 in miles driven: 1,486,748
- Equivalent CO2 of 664,769 lbs of coal burned.
This new Bourbon distillery in Shelbyville, KY is looking to make a statement to all its visitors as they arrive and drive past this SunPower based array. The multi-national parent company has committed through corporate policy to reduce its own GHG emissions by 50% by 2020 over a 2007 base and also ensure its supply chain GHG levels drop by 30%, within the same timeframe.
This SES array was specifically built to provide energy to power the warehouse electric forklift trucks and their charging stations.