39.6 kW Richmond, KY College
Project at a Glance
- Type of installation: Roof mount
- Environmental benefits over 25 years:
- CO2 savings: 1,933,150 lbs
- Equivalent CO2 in miles driven: 2,143,925
- CO2 emissions from 958,625 lbs of coal
This 39.6 kW ballast mounted roof array adds to the already proven environmental stewardship credentials of the EKU Science Building in Richmond, Kentucky.
The Phase II Science Building, nearly 234,00 sq. ft. in size and the largest such facility in the state, has earned LEED Gold certification from the US Green Building Council. High above the labs and lecture theaters the array produces nearly 50,000 kWh of energy each year. The building design also utilizes a high post-consumer recyclable materials content, window design and orientation engineered to reduce lighting needs, high-efficiency HVAC systems, and a roof and groundwater retention and re-use system.