38.3 kW Lexington, KY Greek Orthodox Church
Project at a Glance
- Type of installation: Roof mounted grid-tied and off-grid battery
- Environmental benefits over 25 years:
- CO2 savings: 3,788,375 lbs
- Equivalent CO2 in miles driven: 4,201,400
- CO2 emissions from 1,878,575 lbs of coal
As a result of a gift from a benefactor and their express wishes to have the monies spent on an environmental project the Holy Mother Queen of All Panagia Pantovasilissa Greek Orthodox Church asked Solar Energy Solutions to look at installing an array that combined usage of both their sloped metal and flat roof surfaces. Key in the design was ensuring shade optimization via a paired SolarEdge inverter and on-panel optimizers given the surrounding spires and towers.
Interestingly enough we later found out that the flat surface had originally been considered for a green roof. It certainly ended up green, just by another route is now contributing equally to one of the church and congregations goal of better stewarding the earth, god’s creation.