Project at a Glance
- Type of installation: Roof mount
- Environmental benefits over 25 years:
- CO2 savings: 2,135,496 lbs
- Equivalent CO2 in miles driven: 2,403,585
- CO2 emissions from 1,067,314 lbs of coal
Plano Elementary School in Bowling Green, KY has a nearly 50 kW solar system is made up of 151 Trina Solar 330 watt panels. The array is ballast mounted on the flat roof of the school building. The system will put out approximately 54,800 kWh of energy in its first year and will produce approximately 1,370,000 kWh over the 25 year guaranteed life of the system. Solar panels can put out power for 40 years or more, which means a lot of affordable power for this school for a long time so they can dedicate more of their resources to educating their students.