Solar Solutions for Government Agencies
When government agencies and municipalities use solar power for their electricity needs, they insulate their organizations from steeply rising utility prices and build themselves a more robust and controllable energy supply system. That means any money not spent on facilities can go directly to support the communities they serve, and that’s good for everyone. Local or state agencies that have more control over their power can worry less about costs, security and resiliency, and more about their residents.
Increasingly cities, mayors, or even state organizations in the US are shouldering the burden of combating climate change. Many have committed to transition their metro areas or operations to 100% renewable energy and have joined the Compact of Mayors to take climate action at a local level. Solar Energy Solutions has particular expertise in working with cities and their municipal building in the Midwest to install solar, and even couple it with citizen Solarize campaigns offering discount bulk-buy PV pricing for residents.
391 kW Bloomington Solar Array Government | Bloomington, INSee Project
Solar energy for your government company can:
- Build a more resilient and energy secure electrical supply system
- Reduce building operating costs and lock in energy budgets for the next 40 years
- Act as a catalyst for wide-scale resident adoption of solar
- Build property values and the tax base
- Act as a marketing tool to attract top talent, innovative industries and population growth
- Encourage low income housing and non-profit adoption of solar
- Grow job numbers in the skilled, stable and well paid solar trades area. The #1 job growth category in the US currently